In Aurangabad Forest Division various places of turist importance have been developed under the different schemes during the last three years.
The prominant among these are Mhaismal, Daulatabad (Khultabad Range) and Sarola (Aurangabad Range
During last three years number of soil and moisture conservation works have been taken under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme. Thereby generating emplyoment for the local people and improving the quality of the forests and increasing the moisture regime of the surrounding area.
Past Schemes : - In the last 20 years Aurangabad Division has been lementing Afforestation programmes under various special schemes successfully. Prominent among them are the following:-
1. Harit Aurangabad - Harit Aurangabad Scheme was implemented in Aurangabad and forest areas surrounding the city, mainly the villages like Sawangi, Satara, Deolai, and Mitmita.
Scheme was implemented during the year 1991 to 1995 covering an area of 500 ha.
2. Ajanta-Ellora Development Scheme. – Under this scheme the forest areas in the vicinity of Ajanta and Ellora caves was fenced and afforested.In this scheme, 937 ha. area was covered in 1991 to 2001 during Phase-I and 1100 ha. area was covered in the year 2005 to 2010 during Phase-II.
5. BEAUTIFICATION OF HATLADEVI TEMPLE AT OSMANABAD
Hatladevi Temple which is situated about 2 km. from Osmanabad town is surrounded by 22 Hec, of IdentifiedForestLand. Previously this area was very degraded and denuded. Forest Sub Division, Osmanabad has taken up this land for intensive afforestation and soil conservation works in the year 2010-11. Collector Osmanabad has given special attention and interest to develop this land. Now this hill became lust green. Now this area is known as a picnic & tourist spot for the Osmanabad city.
6. DEVELOPMENT FOREST PARK AT HATTIBET TQ. UDGIR
Hattibet is one of the hills in the Udgir Taluka is having a famous Datta Mandir situated on the top of the hill. This area is surrounded by 40 Hect. of Protected Forest. Previously this area was degraded & denuded forest area. Osmanabad Sub Division has taken up to develop this area with the help of the Collector Latur. Collector Latur has given sufficiant funds to make afforestation & other developmental works in this area. Now this whole area is changed into a good quality of Forest. It is seen that population of small wild life is also increasing in this area. Visitors of Datta Mandir temple is also increased due to the development of this area. Now Hattibet hill is known as a small picnic spot for the nearby people & for the school students.
7. FOREST TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AT SIDDHESHWAR